Are you a veteran, member of the military or military spouse? You may qualify for a VA loan. VA Loans offer flexible options as either fixed-rate or ARM mortgages. You may qualify for fast approval and a hassle-free loan even with less than perfect credit. Refinance up to 100% of your home or buy a new home with no down payment and never pay monthly insurance (PMI)!
Call today for a free home loan consultation.
The VA Loan process
A VA loan works the same as most other home purchases, with a buyer making a written offer to purchase a home under specific conditions (price, closing cost assistance, other contingencies), and then going through an approval process with a lender. The key difference with a VA loan is that the Department of Veterans Affairs requires that all homes purchased through this program meet certain habitability requirements. They will send out a home inspector and appraiser to make sure that the home is in good working order and is worth what you are paying.
This step may sometimes cause delays, especially if repairs are needed after the inspector looks around. Issues at the home do not necessarily mean that the buyer cannot use the VA loan, just that repairs will need to be done before the home purchase can be completed. The VA recently started offering a VA loan to be used for homes that need renovation on a limited basis.
How VA Loans Work
- Purchase your home with as little as 0% down payment.
- 30-, 25-, 20- and 15-year terms are all available with fixed rates.
- 5-year adjustable rate mortgage available.
- Jumbo VA loans available.
- VA Streamline Refinance with a reduced funding fee and flexible documentation requirements – available for veterans currently in VA loans.
- No monthly PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance).
- VA loans are governed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Pay your mortgage off at any time without pre-payment penalties.
Got questions? Give us a call at (412) 302-1919. One of our mortgage specialists would be happy to answer all of your questions and get you started with a great low rate today!
**Forest Hills Mortgage is not affiliated with or acting on behalf of or at the direction of FHA, VA, USDA or the Federal Government.